Belmont/Boylston Historic Houses
- Address: 1410, 1420, 1424 Belmont Avenue; 1411, 1417, 1423 Boylston Avenue
- Date Built: 1893-1902
Architect/Builder: Henry Burke, David Whittier, John Cook, and Albert Hambach
Owners: Henry Burke, David Whittier, John Cook, and Albert Hambach
- Description: Turn of the century "Builders' Houses." Three built as "double houses" but designed to appear as single family homes.
Historic Seattle's Role:
Historic Seattle acquired and rehabilitated the properties in 1989. The "Bel-Boy" project included converting the houses into 47 one-bedroom, studio, and single-room occupancy low-income apartments while preserving the original fine woodwork, shingling, and variety of window styles on the exterior. The project architect was Stickney-Murphy. The project received numerous awards for its successful combining of historic preservation and low-income housing.
Current and Future Uses:
Buildings B - F were sold in 2008. Building A, 1411 Boylston Avenue, was retained by Historic Seattle and continues to be operated as a 16 unit, single room occupancy, low-income apartment building. For more information regarding leasing availability please contact site manager, Albert Garrett at email@example.com.