Room Rental Procedure
For application forms, information on room availability, and for appointments to view space, contact hourly rental manager, Cindy Hughes. The best way to contact Cindy is by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call the Good Shepherd Center Office at (206) 457-5967. Please allow 3-5 days for a response to your voicemail.
All Good Shepherd Center Rentals must be reserved and scheduled at least 14 days in advance.
Non-refundable room reservation fees and room rental payments must be received before any room use.
Room Rental Hourly Rates
Size: 1,000 square feet
Capacity: 50-60 people
2019 Rates: $30/hour for weekdays 8 am – 6 pm; $35/hour for evenings Monday – Friday 6-10 pm and Saturday 8 am- 6 pm.
Size: 442 square feet
Capacity: 20-25 people
2019 Rates: $20/hour for weekdays 8 am – 6 pm; $25/hour for evenings Monday – Friday 6-10 pm, Saturday 8 am – 6 pm
Size: 446 square feet
Capacity: 20-25 people
2019 Rate: $20/hour for weekdays and Saturday, days or evenings
Room Rental Policies
- Wifi is not available in the meeting rooms.
- Activities that involve loud noises and movements are not allowed in Good Shepherd Center hourly rental spaces or premises.
- Each Room is equipped with tables and chairs for the optimal number of users.
- Partisan political activities, private parties, and sectarian religious activities are prohibited at the Good Shepherd Center.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on all Good Shepherd Center premises.
- Burning of candles, incense, or other materials is prohibited.
1. Rooms are rented on the hour only in one-hour increments. Portions of an hour count as an hour. Rental must include all time needed for practice, set up and clean up. Time for set up and take down must be included in the rental time period.
2. Renters must clear the room of all belongings, furniture, and people so the room is available on the half hour for the next renters.
1. All rooms are rented “as is.” All furniture must remain in the room, and under no circumstance can it be placed or stored in any of the hallways.
2. Renters are responsible for setting up, cleaning, and putting away all furniture used.
3. Renters cannot use tape or tacks on the floors, doors, windows, or walls.
4. Renters cannot use doorways, vestibules, halls, foyers, stairways and other similar areas within the building for any purpose other than ingress and egress.
5. All activities associated with the use of the meeting rooms must be conducted within the meeting room/rooms rented. This includes any type of breakout sessions, lunch breaks, extended discussions, or other similar activities.
6. Renters at all times must be considerate and mindful of neighboring tenants and other users of the building, and not engage in any activities or loud discussions that could disturb the quiet enjoyment of any tenant or other visitors.
7. Renters must keep closed the door to the space they are renting if they are generating sufficient noise that could be disruptive to nearby tenants or other building visitors.
8. The renter must bag any and all trash generated while using the meeting rooms, and deposit those bags in the appropriate waste bins located at the back of the building. This includes all food and beverage related trash and recyclable items. The building trash and recycle bins are located outside at the back of the building. The back doors to the building are kept locked on weekday evenings starting at 6:00 pm and all day Saturday. During these times please place your bags just left of the double doors that lead out to the back stair, directly across the hall from the elevator. The caretaker will take the bags out to the proper bins during one of their hourly rounds. Each meeting room includes two folding waste bag racks and bags for trash and recyclable items. Please use these for all your waste. Both waste bag racks must be returned to their wall-mounted holders when the renter is finished using them.
9. Tenant shall only use the premises and grounds for the purposes declared in this agreement and shall not assign any interest in this agreement to any other person or party without first obtaining the written consent of Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority (HSPDA).
1. Veranda use is by special request only. Renters must inquire with hourly room rental manager and be given permission to use the veranda during their room rental.
2. Renter is required to rent both 223 and 221 for their entire rental period.
3. Only chairs and tables from 223 can be used out on the veranda, and the renter must return those items to 223 by the end of their rental period.
1. Space is reserved when a rental agreement has been signed and advanced payment has been made. For series rentals which extend beyond a month the first month’s payment is required for reservation.
2. For continuous renters, subsequent month’s payments are due by the first of the month. No billing will be sent. A late fee of $15.00 will be charged if payment is not received by the tenth of the month.
3. Payment must be in the form of a check payable to Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority. A $15.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. Receipts will be provided to renter if requested.
1. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing at least 2 weeks (14 days) in advance of the date reserved.
2. Room Reservation Fees are not refundable.
3. With proper notice of cancellation, a rent refund may be made.
4. Allow two weeks for refund processing.
1. Program participants should be encouraged to use alternative transportation means to reach the Good Shepherd Center. Please consider carpooling or biking and inform your group members of alternative means of transportation. Call Metro for bus scheduling and routing information.
2. Parking space in the Good Shepherd Center Parking Lot is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Program participants should come to events early to find parking.
3. Please have Program participants respect the on-street parking and use by neighborhood residents.
GSC BUILDING POLICIES
1. Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on the property. Burning of candles, incense, or other materials is prohibited.
2. HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center is not responsible for items lost or stolen from the Center premises and grounds. Check with the GSC security staff person on duty regarding lost and found items.
3. Tenant shall be responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations governing the use of the Good Shepherd Center, and for any and all damage to the building, equipment, or grounds, and agrees to clean up the premises after each use and to leave the premises in good order and repair.
4. HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property occurring during or arising out of occupancy and use of the building or grounds by the Tenant. The Tenant agrees to hold HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center harmless from liability on account of any injury or damage arising out of such use.
5. Children must be supervised by a parent or a responsible adult at all times. Children cannot be unaccompanied in the building or on the grounds at any time.
6. Tenants shall not use the premises in any way that will unreasonably annoy occupants of adjacent properties or other Tenants in the Good Shepherd Center.
7. In order to maintain building security and public safety, the Tenant agrees to follow directions of the Good Shepherd Center security staff person on duty.
Photo: Meeting Room #202 / Source: Matt Murray