Room Rental Procedure
For application forms, information on room availability, and for appointments to view space, contact hourly rental manager, Cindy Hughes. The best way to contact Cindy is by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may call the Good Shepherd Center Office at (206) 457-5967. Please allow 3-5 days for a response to your voicemail.
All Good Shepherd Center Rentals must be reserved and scheduled at least 14 days in advance.
Non-refundable room reservation fees and room rental payments must be received before any room use.
Room Rental Hourly Rates
Size: 1,000 square feet
Capacity: 50-60 people
Cost: $25/hour for weekdays 8 am – 6 pm; $30/hour for evenings Monday -Friday 6-10 pm, Saturday 8 am – 6 pm
Size: 442 square feet
Capacity: 20-25 people
Cost: $15/hour for weekdays 8 am – 6 pm; $20/hour for evenings Monday – Friday 6-10 pm, Saturday 8 am – 6 pm
Size: 446 square feet
Capacity: 20-25 people
Cost: $15/hour for weekdays and Saturday, days or evenings
Room Rental Policies
- Activities that involve loud noises and movements are not allowed in Good Shepherd Center hourly rental spaces or premises.
- Each Room is equipped with tables and chairs for the optimal number of users.
- Partisan political activities, private parties, and sectarian religious activities are prohibited at the Good Shepherd Center.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on all Good Shepherd Center premises.
- Burning of candles, incense, or other materials is prohibited.
1. Rooms are rented on the hour only in one hour increments. Portions of an hour count as an hour. Rental must include all time needed for practice, set up and clean up. Time for set up and take down must be included in the rental time period.
2. Renters must clear the room of all belongings, furniture and people so the room is available on the half hour for the next renters.
1. All rooms are rented “as is.” Furniture should remain in the room. Other tables and chairs may be available upon request. Renters are responsible for setting up, cleaning, and returning any additional furniture brought into the room.
2. Do not use tape or tacks on the floors or walls.
3. Tenant shall only use the premises and grounds for the purposes declared in this agreement and shall not assign any interest in this agreement to any other person or party without first obtaining the written consent of Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority (HSPDA).
1. Space is reserved when a rental agreement has been signed and advanced payment has been made. For series rentals which extend beyond a month the first month’s payment is required for reservation.
2. For continuous renters, subsequent month payments are due by the first of the month. No billing will be sent. A late fee of $15.00 will be charged if payment is not received by the tenth of the month.
3. Payment must be in the form of a check payable to Historic Seattle Preservation and Development Authority. A $15.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. Receipts will be provided to renter if requested.
1. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing at least 2 weeks (14 days) in advance of the date reserved.
2. Room Reservation Fees are not refundable.
3. With proper notice of cancellation, a rent refund may be made.
4. Allow two weeks for refund processing.
1. Program participants should be encouraged to use alternative transportation means to reach the Good Shepherd Center. Inform your group members of alternative means of transportation. Call Metro for bus scheduling and routing information. Try car pooling. Ride your bike.
2. Parking space in the Good Shepherd Center Parking Lot is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Program participants should come to events early to find parking.
3. Please have Program participants respect the oneet parking and use by neighborhood residents.
GSC BUILDING POLICIES
1. Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on the property. Burning of candles, incense, or other materials is prohibited.
2. HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center is not responsible for items lost or stolen from the Center premises and grounds. Check with the GSC security staff person on duty regarding lost and found items.
3. Tenant shall be responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations governing use of the Good Shepherd Center, and for any and all damage to the building, equipment, or grounds, and agrees to clean up the premises after each use and to leave the premises in good order and repair.
4. HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property ccurring during, or arising out of occupancy and use of the building or grounds by the Tenant. The Tenant agrees to hold HSPDA/Good Shepherd Center harmless from liability on account of any injury or damage arising out of such use.
5. Children must be supervised by parent or a responsible adult at all times. Children can not be unaccompanied in the building or on the grounds at any time.
6. Tenants shall not use the premises in any way that will unreasonably annoy occupants of adjacent properties or other Tenants in the Good Shepherd Center.
7. In order to maintain building security and public safety the Tenant agrees to follow directions of the Good Shepherd Center security staff person on duty.
Photo: Meeting Room #202 / Source: Matt Murray