The 2017 General Election is November 7th.
Historic Seattle is conducting a survey of candidates running for Mayor and Seattle City Council Positions 8 and 9 (both at-large). We are posting responses as we receive them and will continue to do so through Election Day. You may view the submitted responses on our website. As of this posting date (October 20), we have received responses from the two Mayoral candidates.
The candidates were asked the following five questions:
- What’s your favorite historic place in Seattle and why do you think it’s important?
- How can Seattle accommodate the growing numbers of residents and increase in density while keeping neighborhood character?
- Do you believe historic buildings and places help create a more sustainable, affordable, and livable city? If so, how?
- How would you strengthen the City’s historic preservation program to ensure continued protection of designated Seattle Landmarks and historic districts?
- How do we use existing and new tools to better engage communities to ensure equitable cultural heritage preservation?
If you don’t see a response from candidates for the at-large City Council positions, we urge you to contact them directly and ask them to respond to our questionnaire.
Let the candidates know that historic preservation is a key quality-of-life issue and a valuable tool for building strong, livable communities!