With Old City Hall as the backdrop, the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation announced is 2011 Most Endangered Properties List in Tacoma today. The five properties (two of the sites contain dozens of structures) represent a wide range of property types from the iconic architectural marvel, Old City Hall to the vernacular Green Mountain Lookout. The five Most Endangered Historic Properties in 2011 are:
- Green Mountain Lookout – Glacier Peak National Wilderness Area, Snohomish County
- McMillan Bridge – State Route 162, Pierce County
- McNeil Island – Pierce County
- Northern State Hospital – Sedro-Woolley, Skagit County
- Old City Hall – Tacoma, Pierce County
For details on the significance of these properties and why they are endangered, go to the WA Trust’s website.