Our members meetings offer the opportunity to learn about programs and projects of interest taking place in our community and through the auspices of Historic Seattle. These events are held at sites of historic or architectural interest, and a short quarterly business meeting precedes the program.
Built by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart as a combination convent and boarding and day school for girls, this building designed by F.H. Perkins was completed in 1909 and named Forest Ridge because of its countryside location in Interlaken Park. Its brick and terra cotta façade features a columned entrance portal, neoclassical balustrades, ornate stepped false front gables, and oriel windows. The Seattle Hebrew Academy moved from a Central Area location to this campus in 1973. Head of School Rivy Poupko Kletenik welcomes us and shares the history of the building and school.
Photo: Seattle Hebrew Academy / Credit: Lawrence Kreisman
Registration for this event is not required. Registered participants will receive an email reminder the week prior to the event.