Limited space; pre-registration required. Directions will be emailed to registered participants the week prior to the tour.
In 1920, the city opened the Washington Street Public Boat Landing Facility. This steel and wood structure, clad with galvanized sheet metal, is similar in appearance to the earlier constructed pergola at Pioneer Square. Over the years the structure has been used as a landing for ferries and ocean-going ships, as the headquarters of the Seattle Harbor Patrol, and as the U.S. Navy’s official shore-leave landing and departure point. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the boat landing was removed in 2014 in preparation for re-construction of the sea wall. Currently housed in a tent on Port property, the structure will be restored as part of the Elliott Bay Seawall Project. Come under the tent and learn about this restoration project from architect Ron Wright, whose firm is leading the restoration design.
$25 general public / $20 members / $10 students