- 4310 337th Place Southeast, Fall City, WA, USA
- Date Built:
- Original Architect /
- George L. Hamlin
- Original Owners:
- Fred and Eleanor Patterson
- In its original form, the house was a modest yet nicely detailed middle-class cottage with turned and jig-sawn millwork. Despite some alterations that occurred in the mid-20th century, its scale, simplicity, and some of its detail still echo the earliest stock of vernacular housing in this mill-oriented river town.
Historic Seattle’s Role:
The Ronnei-Raum House is the first Preservation Action Fund project undertaken by Historic Seattle. The Preservation Action Fund (PAF) is a unique and proactive revolving fund dedicated to purchasing, restoring, protecting and reselling historic properties throughout King County. The fund is administered by the PAF Advisory Team: Historic Seattle, 4Culture, King County’s Historic Preservation Program, and the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation. Historic Seattle is responsible for acquiring, landmarking, rehabilitating, selling the property. When the project is completed and the property is sold, the sales proceeds return to the fund to acquire the next project.
The Ronnei-Raum House is among the oldest surviving residential structures in the King County community of Fall City. It was built at the heart of the original town plat, just a block from the banks of the Snoqualmie River and adjacent to Fall City Masonic Lodge #66.
The house was designated a King County landmark in October 2019 and a to-the-studs renovation is underway. The renovation includes the interior/floor plan, the exterior, and the foundation. Our goal is to complete the project within six months, after which we will put an easement on the house.
Current and Future Uses:
The house has been a single family residence since it was built in 1904. It was home to the caretaker of Fall City Masonic Lodge #66 for decades, and was most recently used by the Masons as a rental. When the project is completed, the Rommei-Raum House will be sold as a single family home.
Photo: The Ronnei-Raum House as it appeared in 1950. Courtesy of the Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Branch.