- 1204 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, United States
- Date Built:
- Original Architect /
- Kirtland Cutter
- Original Owners:
- C.D. Stimson
- English Tudor style residence.
Historic Seattle’s Role:
Completed in 1901, this English Tudor-style mansion designed by Spokane architect Kirtland Cutter was built for lumberman and real estate developer C.D. Stimson. Historic Seattle purchased Stimson-Green Mansion from the Joshua and Missy Green estate on July 14, 1975, saving the home from an unpredictable future in a neighborhood quickly redeveloping with large institutional buildings and high-rise apartments. After stabilizing the condition of the building, Historic Seattle sold the property in December 1977 with a protective easement. The facade easement protects the main house, carriage house, and grounds from demolition and inappropriate alteration. The interior easement protects the inside of the house by limiting remodeling to the upper floors only.
The Stimson-Green mansion was designated a Seattle Landmark in 1977. The property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Current and Future Uses:
On September 1, 2001, the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation became the newest owner of the Stimson-Green Mansion through a generous gift from Priscilla Bullitt Collins. In gifting the property to the Trust, she left a legacy of continued good stewardship of the property and gave the state-wide preservation organization a permanent headquarters.
Photo: Crystal Rojas Mora for the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation
Ongoing Stewardship and Easements
14th Ave W HousesOngoing Stewardship
23rd Ave HousesOngoing Stewardship
Ankeny/Gowey HouseOngoing Stewardship
Belmont/Boylston HousesOur Properties
Earl Layman Street ClockOngoing Stewardship