The 2020 Preservation Celebration Benefit, scheduled for September 23 at Washington Hall, has been canceled due to COVID-19.
In considering virtual options — many of which were costly or did not meet our mission — Historic Seattle has decided to forego an online event. Instead, we are staying true to the intent of the event by celebrating our 2020 award recipients with features throughout the month of September.
The 2020 Preservation Award recipients are:
- Building 9 at Magnuson Park | Best Preservation Project Award
- Lincoln High School | Beth Chave Best Rehabilitation Award
- Louisa Hotel | Community Investment Award
- South Park Yacht Club | Preserving Neighborhood Character Award
- Town Hall | Exemplary Stewardship Award
- Dan Say | Preservation Champion Award
- Wa Na Wari | Community Advocacy Award.
Congratulations to each recipient! Each recipient was featured on our blog & social media throughout September.
Wa Na Wari also receives a $3,000 Community Advocacy prize in addition to the award, in support of their mission to create space for Black ownership, possibility, and belonging through art, historic preservation, and connection.
In lieu of purchasing a ticket or table for this year’s event, we ask you to consider making a donation in support of our mission. While we can’t give you a night of food, fun, and festivities right now, we can promise you that your dollars will have the most impact this year – 100% of your contribution goes directly to our mission.
Top photo: the 2019 Preservation Celebration at the Georgetown Ballroom, courtesy of Sticks & Stones Photography.