The Everett Public Library’s Northwest Room began as project undertaken in 1974 to collect photographs and oral history interviews to supplement the library’s regional history material. In the spring of 1977, two full-time specialist positions were added to library staff and a specific “Northwest Room” was established in the main library, an outstanding Art Deco/Moderne brick building designed by Seattle architects Bebb and Gould in 1934.
The Northwest Room’s focus is broadly Pacific Northwest history, with special attention paid to Everett and Snohomish County. There is a reference collection of monographs and popular works on Pacific Northwest history and culture, and a small collection of fiction written by Everett-based authors. Visitors have access to Sanborn, Kroll, and Metsker maps in the reading room, as well as Polk and Cole directories and Wells indices. A complete archive of the Everett Herald is available on microform, and a collection of bound local newspaper titles is available for use upon request. Archival materials document the activities of various Everett and Snohomish County businesses, organizations, and individuals.
Registration is now closed.